L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

COLLADA support

Important stuff.

COLLADA support

Postby Aaron » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:09 pm

Hi All,

Continuing this week's theme of mesh exporter improvements, support for the COLLADA digital asset exchange format (.dae) is now available in L3DT v2.9 build 26, which is on the downloads page now. The exporter option is 'File->Export->Export optimised mesh', and the user guide is on-line here. Please reply to this thread if you find any problems with this new exporter or would like to suggest any changes.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Re: COLLADA support

Postby Empire-Phoenix » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:27 pm

I would really like to be able to choose the format for the exported maps, since I currently need to export all maps manually in dds and modify the mtl files accordingly.
Empire-Phoenix

Postby Aaron » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:55 pm

Hi Empire-Phoenix,

Thanks for the request. I've added this to the to-do list.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:12 am

Hi Empire-Phoenix,

I've added the option to select file formats to the latest build of the exporter plugin. I will include this in the next L3DT installer in a week or two, but in the mean-time you can download the plugin from here:

http://www.bundysoft.com/L3DT/downloads/plugins/bin/atMeshDecimator-bin.zip

To install this plugin, first open the extensions directory using the link in the Windows Start menu under 'All programs->Bundysoft->L3DT [version]->L3DT extensions'. Selecting this link will open the correct destination folder for the plugin. Then, unzip the plugin from the zip archive, and copy it over the existing one in the extensions folder.

I've updated the user guide for the mesh exporter to include the new format options.

Please let me know if you find any problems or would like to suggest any changes. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Empire-Phoenix » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:42 pm

Hey, just wanted to let you know what it works quite good.

One question though, could you add something like a null Format, that simply does not export any maps at all, just the texture coordinates? This would greatly help when doing small edits in the heighmap for testing, as the texture export is the thing that needs most time currently.

Greetings
Empire
Empire-Phoenix

Postby Aaron » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:56 am

Hi Empire,

Thanks for the request. I'll pop this on the to-do list, and post back here when it's available.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby jabo1SFH » Mon May 11, 2020 10:32 am

stupid Russian spambot.
jabo1SFH

Return to Announcements