L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Image of the month........

Any and all chit-chat regarding L3DT.

Image of the month........

Postby Pez_man » Wed May 21, 2008 1:56 am

when will the new image of the month contest begin? i uploaded a couple pics but then i noticed that it was over...... :cry:
Go Bretons!!!!!!!! (Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion)
I'm 14th top poster!!!
You lose THE GAME!!! :)
Pez_man
Luminary

Postby DeathTwister » Thu May 22, 2008 2:37 pm

HAha Ya good idea, I have been working with a new Video Game engine and I want to show case them I think so I am ready as well, Maybe make a terrain contest that is video game engine only this next time? as I do not think we have had one of those in a very long time if ever really. Anywho those my thoughts.

OH FYI I'm Back..............hahahahahahah
DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Pez_man » Thu May 22, 2008 9:42 pm

yay!!!!!!!!!!!! i've been looking through your pics, and I must say, they are amazing. My personal fav. is Mist of Avalon. :)
I'm 14th top poster!!!
Pez_man
Luminary

Postby DeathTwister » Sun May 25, 2008 4:40 am

Well thank you very much, as a matter of fact I will be posting some interesting screens coming up here soon this next week of the new engine and terrains I am messing with so far using L3DT so maybe get some of you guys interested in a new toy /smiles.......

But What up on the Image contests Aaron, anyone want to play yet? We need some new art up there and do not mind ion not being me one little bit considering how many cool artists are aro9und here hiding ROTFL.

Anyway I will be around again for a bit while I Dev out this new engine and maybe get Aaron's hair a bit grayer lolol....
:twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Pez_man » Thu May 29, 2008 1:20 am

so, any plans at all for a next image of the month contest any time soon? hopefully it WILL be of a game engine because i am axious to see what DT has instore for us. but the one after should be a "normal" one cause i have been messing on terragen a bit.... :D
I'm 14th top poster!!!
Pez_man
Luminary

Postby DeathTwister » Thu May 29, 2008 4:19 am

Haha Either one is good for me, and as for the new engine I will do a major post here in the next few days with some posts and some screens using L3DT in 3D Game Studio, very very cool, and I will also post a very sweet post5 on getting both Terragen and L3DT terrains into the engine. I have some now in Game Studio, but I found a killer Tut on how to import Different Climates into the engine and I wanted into do those before I post what I found and share the resource and links.

Ya I also will post some new art just for fun and If I was the last one that one? Then it is my Theme to choose maybe? if so I would like to see either a Open season on either Video Game engine Dev Shots (pick your own engine), or What have you been doing Lately in Terragen TGD2? Or maybe Vue if you have it? But extra Media like people buildings, and trees are a Big Plus as apposed to just a terrain scene. How does that sound to you all? Aaron what say thee?
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Pez_man » Thu May 29, 2008 11:09 pm

no... i don't have vue :cry: but i did post a couple of things on the gallery, and i'm tying to see if there is a way to get trees in Terragem (cause i know u can in Terragen 2). my stuff is only a couple of pics (3 i think) but here's the link http://www.bundysoft.com/coppermine/thu ... hp?album=5 let me know what u think. :) and i for one second the motion for you to choose the next theme! ya and the people, buildings and trees would be better...
I'm 14th top poster!!!
Pez_man
Luminary

Postby DeathTwister » Fri May 30, 2008 9:53 pm

Hay bro, Yup nice work you did, WTG bro....Ya I have TGD2 the deep version, but since they had that latest update I have not had time to work with it, was trying to get time next week sometime, but not sure yet, will post something when I do though with TGD2. Where is Aaron these days any way? he usually chimes in by now, he OK? Hope so, been missing that Ausie /winks.

hay does anyone besides us 2 want to have another Art Contest? chime in now don't be shy..............wouldn't be any fun if just the 2 of us.

:twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Pez_man » Fri May 30, 2008 11:59 pm

ya it wouldn't be very fun with just the 2 of us would it? i hope people start replying to this, cause i really wanna try entering this contest thing. I hope aaron is okay..... guess we'll have to see how this works out.
I'm 14th top poster!!!
Pez_man
Luminary

Postby DeathTwister » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:10 pm

Ya I hear ya bro,

Wow does not seem to have many peeps coming here of late? Thought it would be booking by now with all the extra GG people coming in. Well that OK I will get some 3D Game Studio 7 people coming in then. But first I hope to finish this tutorial I have been working on, but seem to have run into a snag as you can check on my post I did this morning.
And yes no fun if it is just us 2.

I think Aaron should get some other companies to anti up some goodies to get people to enter maybe? Have some real prizes? insentive is always a good motavator hahahaha.

Aaron you there mate? or on Vacation? or hard at work on a comp? /waves at bossman......................................................
DT :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Pez_man » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:32 pm

well i just posted on aarons announcment "notifying" him about this so ya..
I'm 14th top poster!!!
Pez_man
Luminary

Postby Pez_man » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:45 pm

crud just realized there is a seperate area for Image copetition posts..... :shock: too late now, but if u really want to (aaron), please move this thread to the "proper' location.
I'm 14th top poster!!!
Pez_man
Luminary

Postby Aaron » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:10 am

Hi Guys,

I apologise for my slow reply; things have, as always, been rather busy around these parts. I'm happy to start up the 'Image of the month' competition again, so long as we can reach a quorum of, say, 4 members. We've got two so far, are there any other takers?

As for the theme, I like DeathTwisters' idea of a game engine competition. What say we call it "Battle of the Game Engines"?

I think Aaron should get some other companies to anti up some goodies to get people to enter maybe? Have some real prizes? insentive is always a good motavator hahahaha.

Sorry DT, I've got quite enough on my plate at the moment, and the time spent organising such a prize would be taking away from the few hours a week that I get to program L3DT. If the offer of eternal fame and glory is an insufficient incentive, the community is welcome to organise whatever motivators that please them best.

well i just posted on aarons announcment "notifying" him about this so ya..

Thanks, but it's really not necessary. I have a feed-reader set up to track all forum posts, so I'm always notified of all posts on the forum, gallery, wiki, etc. If I don't reply quickly it's either because I have nothing useful to add, or because I'm otherwise occupied (the latter, in this case).

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Pez_man » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:45 pm

oh well okay then, i was just surprized you hadn't posted by then
I'm 14th top poster!!!
Pez_man
Luminary

Postby DeathTwister » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:52 pm

OK so where's the beef? ROTFL so we need 2 more peeps at least, OK so who has the best engine here? care to take the challenge boys?n or any girls here? you as well lol.

As for the rest? I understand my man, I am in the very same boat /winks.
DT :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Next

Return to General discussion