L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Armed Assault, the artic climate

What are you up to?

Armed Assault, the artic climate

Postby spirit » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:33 pm

Well i was looking for a way to create an Artic climate map for Armed Assault. Basicly this is how i got to this website.

First ingame results:

I like it a lot, tx for this great product:)

Its still work in progress but i gues all projects are :)
spirit

Postby Rummy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:02 pm

Yep that is great. I enjoy Armed Assault (when my poor pc is up for the challenge). How does it handle the textures? Are they one large texture gut into tiles or is there a landuse system? It looks like you have very location specific textures, which makes it look good.
Rummy
Contributing member

Postby spirit » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:35 am

Rummy wrote:Yep that is great. I enjoy Armed Assault (when my poor pc is up for the challenge). How does it handle the textures? Are they one large texture gut into tiles or is there a landuse system? It looks like you have very location specific textures, which makes it look good.

I love armed assault. If you like real coop gaming mate in good admosphere go www.6thsense.eu.

The engine needs two ways of input: the texture as one big png(satellite map) and a mask map that says what texture goes where. It then splits it in tiles of 512 x 512. Now the crap part is also l3dt delivers it but you need to bundle it so arma can split it again ->lol

The textures are done as follow:

- Detailed texture where you stand. Basicly you see a detailed texture under your feet that correspondents to the mask map.
- Medium range is a mix between texture (actualy material as its called cause) and satellite map.
- Long range you see only satellite map.

So the textures and the satellite map need good overlap.
spirit

Released alpha

Postby spirit » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:38 pm

For anybody that cares, the alpha release of my Armed assault map has gone out. Check out the pictures.

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php? ... ands&id=38

Tx for this great product! Now i am up for some self climate development:)
spirit

Return to Users' projects