L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Video of the month?

Announcements and chatter regarding the image of the month competition.

Video of the month?

Postby Aaron » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:32 am

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering whether anyone would be interested in entering a video competition for April, like the old 'Image of the Month' competition from days of yore?

The theme would simply be to post a video, of 30s in length or more, that shows terrain that was generated or textured by L3DT, taken in any 3D renderer (modded games, game engines, home-baked renderers, Sapphire, etc.) The judgement criterion would only be that the winning video best shows-off the terrain, and would be judged by a community poll. To enter you would upload your video to Youtube/Vimeo/wherever, and post a link here. For example, here is a quick and nasty demo video I did with Sapphire's new AVI recorder.

If there is sufficient interest from the community (say five or more entrants), I'm prepared to make things a little more interesting by throwing in a prize of an L3DT Professional license with free updates forever. However, if there's not sufficient interest, the prize will be the same old chestnut of "eternal fame and glory" (reason enough, surely?).

Are there any prospective takers? If so, we'll commence the competition on April Fools' day, and if not, we can all go back to what we were doing.

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Aaron » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:30 pm

Okay then, due to underwhelimg response (i.e. none), the video competition has been scrapped.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Image competition