L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Hotkeys or automation

Got a problem or need advice?

Hotkeys or automation

Postby LoneDwarf » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:14 am

Is there anyway I can forgo all the clicking of ok and next for the cacl wizard? The program is great but the work flow is really rough as I find myself doing some design map stuff and then checking the results which means clicking through all the dialogs. Hot keys to toggle between design map schemes would also improve the work flow.
LoneDwarf

Postby demi » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:28 am

http://www.bundysoft.com/docs/doku.php?id=l3dt:userguide:batch

Maybe this will help? Not sure how much automation you want.
demi
Oracle

Postby Aaron » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:30 am

Hi LoneDwarf,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I'll add to the dev plan an option to re-run calculations via the Calculation wizard without showing any of the subsequent settings wizard panes; basically, the calculations would just re-use the previous settings. Would this suffice?

As for hotkeys for the design map schemes - my intention is that manually changing schemes won't be required in the near-ish future. The 'new' design for the design map brush automatically changes schemes depending on which layers you are editing at the time. If you'd like to try the new design map brush, please open the extension manager window, enable the 'atDesignBrush' plugin, and re-start L3DT. If you want to revert to the old brush, disable the same plugin, and restart L3DT.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby LoneDwarf » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:36 pm

I'll add to the dev plan an option to re-run calculations via the Calculation wizard without showing any of the subsequent settings wizard panes; basically, the calculations would just re-use the previous settings. Would this suffice?

That would be great.

If you'd like to try the new design map brush, please open the extension manager window, enable the 'atDesignBrush' plugin, and re-start L3DT.

Perfect. That new brush rules.
LoneDwarf

Return to Help and support