L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Creating a Texture Map without Water

Got a problem or need advice?

Creating a Texture Map without Water

Postby dennis » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:17 am

I'm creating a terrain that will use the Temperate climate and will use a water map so that land types are calculated correctly. Mostly I want sand under water covered areas and grass above sea level. I need a full terrain texture that can be imported into the game engine as the texture for the terrain. Similar to the unique texturing in TGEA atlas. To do this I plan to export the texture map from L3DT as a png. The problem is that the texture map has all of the water covered areas shown in blue instead of sand. Is there any way to get the texture map to not show the water without disabling the water map completely? Without the water map the attribute map doesn't generate correctly.

I suppose another way to say this is that I want the attribute map but with the detail of the texture map.
dennis
Luminary

Postby Aaron » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:28 am

Hi Dennis,

The switch you're looking of is in the light mapping wizard (2nd pane), going under the name of 'water effects'. If you disable this checkbox, water will not absorb light, and hence the seafloor won't be bathed in bluish-green light. You'll need to re-generate both the light map and the texture for the lighting effect to propagate to the texture map.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby dennis » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:51 pm

Perfect! Thanks, Aaron.
dennis
Luminary

Return to Help and support