L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

G16 for Unreal

Correspondence concerning plugins and scripts; development, use, bugs and ideas.

Postby hikmayan13 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:45 pm

If you think you 've seen the best of anything in creation...think again!.Know that the creator is Might.
hikmayan13

Postby Aaron » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi hikmayan13,

Looking pretty good so far! Alas, I know next to nothing about using UDK, and exactly nothing about texture scaling in UDK, so about all I can do at the moment is wish you all the best of luck in frobbing the various settings and controls.

Do any other forumites use UDK, I wonder?

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby hikmayan13 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:44 am

Aaron,
Thanks for the reply at least.I really appreciate that. You know,I beginning to understand because you mentioned above about lack of documentation for you come up with a working plug-in;in terms of exporting the entire package(L3D terrain objects).Well,the only available option for me is to continue to tweak UDK Terrain Ed. I suppose there are some users in this forum that use UDK but probably don't use L3DT. I will hate to see a terrain like this not fully usable with UDK....anyone out there been watching this thread and have figured out "Transition" between these two powerful packages,please share!. 8)

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/198/1221201084952pm.png
If you think you 've seen the best of anything in creation...think again!.Know that the creator is Might.
hikmayan13

Postby Telarus » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:44 am

I"m taking a UDK class in January. Will swing back with anything I pick up.
Telarus
Doyen

Postby hikmayan13 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:26 pm

Sweeeet!. Hopefully we can make full use of L3DT package with UDK.
So far,I have figured out the tiling issue but additional tweaking is needed;looks a bit better in terms of the initial export end results. I will post some screen links later.
hikmayan13

Re: G16 for Unreal

Postby Missouri76 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:04 am

I discovered today this great tool that allows me to extract textures from Lineage II Freya UTX files, in specific the maps files like T_11_23.utx, the problem is that these UTX files contain an image in BMP G16 format that can not be extracted correctly using the -extract option, and my questions are:

1- There is the possibility that such a great tool to export images in G16 formats?
2- It is possible to decrypt these UTX files to be viewed with applications such as UTPT? (this would be the perfect alternative )

Note: There is a tool called LineageII UTX Fixer who could do this work, but the author of this project has been abandoned due to personal problems and there is no support for Lineage II Freya UTX files
[spam links removed]
Missouri76

Re: G16 for Unreal

Postby Aaron » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:41 am

Hi Missouri76,

Welcome to the forum.

1- There is the possibility that such a great tool to export images in G16 formats?

L3DT can import and export heightfields in the G16 bitmap format as used by UDK for terrain maps, using the regular import and export wizards. L3DT expects the file extensions for such files to be '.g16.bmp' (i.e. a double file extension.)

2- It is possible to decrypt these UTX files to be viewed with applications such as UTPT? (this would be the perfect alternative )

I have no idea, and I don't think we've got a great many UDK users around here, so you may have better luck asking that question on a more unreal-focussed forum.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Plugins and scripts