L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

UV coordinates importing incorrectly?

Correspondence concerning plugins and scripts; development, use, bugs and ideas.

UV coordinates importing incorrectly?

Postby ShadowIce » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:32 pm

Hi Aaron. :) For some reason, when I try to export to a directx file (ASCII), it exports correctly. However... When I go to apply the texture map to my Direct X file, for some reason, when I load it in Nuclear Basic, it loads the UV coordinates incorrectly, and parts of my water look like they were painted onto the mountain, and vice versa :/

I have attached a screenshot.

As you can see in the screen shot, the water is above sea level. which is COMPLETELY incorrect due to a UV coordinates glitch :(

Here's the image:

http://www.mediafire.com/?x8ai6y0sco48v6a

Thank You for your kindness and patience with helping me! :)
ShadowIce
Luminary

Re: UV coordinates importing incorrectly?

Postby Aaron » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:25 pm

Hi ShadowIce,

Does it look correct if you invert the texture image?

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby ShadowIce » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:17 pm

No, it doesn't :/ the topology compared to the texture is all wrong.... Take a look at this post I posted on the Nuclear Basic forums. It CLEARLY shows a messup of my exported heightmap / texture... And NO, the geometry of the Shader is NOT incorrect. I got help with the Shader.

http://forums.nuclearglory.com/index.ph ... 436#p42459

Thank You, Aaron! :)
ShadowIce
Luminary

Postby ShadowIce » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:37 am

Anyone? :(
ShadowIce
Luminary

Postby Aaron » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:51 pm

Hi ShadowIce,

It's very hard to tell from those screenshots way you need to flip or rotate the texture because the heightmap has no really obvious features to be compared with the texture. If there was a big mountain somewhere, for example, it would be much easier.

One way might be to create a copy of the L3DT map project, then load the copy in L3DT, edit the hightfield in the 3D editor to add a really large spike to one corner, then generate the light and texture maps, and finally export the mesh. If you load that mesh in your game engine, the spike will be obvious in both the heightfield geometry and the texture map, so you should have no problems working out which rotation and/or mirroring is required to suit your shader. You could then use that same transformation on your normal, non-spiky map.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Plugins and scripts