L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Unsure thiese are bugs

Please report software faults here.

Unsure thiese are bugs

Postby demi » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:24 pm

Version: 12.09 Pro dev build 1

I made a large terrain design map 32K in size with 1 meter resolution and a DM of 128 and mosaic. I then resized the design map at 8K with a 16 meter resolution and a Dm of 16 no mosaic and saved the project. This would be equivlent to the 32K design. I do this becasue mosaics take a consideable amount of time to process. When I ran the HF off it still processes it as mosaic which again still takes a lot of time but not near as much as a 32K map would. It saved it as one HF but it processed it as mosaic even though mosaic was unchecked.

I went to view the map in 3D. It was in fly mode at the time and I hit the space bar. When I hit the space ar again now I enter fly mode but when I let off the e key the camer gently falls to the map.

edit: OK I closed the program out, restarted it and now fly mode works

Love the preview mode and it helped a bunch to get the scale correct. :)
demi
Oracle

Re: Unsure thiese are bugs

Postby Aaron » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:15 am

Hi Demi,

It sounds like Sapphire saw a key down event for 'r' (fly downwards), but missed the key up event, so it thought the key was still depressed and kept moving downwards. The usual fix is to press the offending key again.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Unsure thiese are bugs

Postby demi » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:13 pm

Aaron wrote:Hi Demi,

It sounds like Sapphire saw a key down event for 'r' (fly downwards), but missed the key up event, so it thought the key was still depressed and kept moving downwards. The usual fix is to press the offending key again.

Best regards,
Aaron.

I tried repressing keys and it would not fix it. in fact If I held the e key and let off of it I could fly around the map (sort of). I exited and restarted and it works. It only did it after I finished the HF and saved it. Haven't ahd a problem since.
demi
Oracle

Return to Bug reports