L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Better A Place Than Any

What are you up to?

Better A Place Than Any

Postby Akatsua » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:01 pm

I figured this would be a good place to introduce myself to your community and mention my project simultaneously.
Hello, I am Akatsua, as you can see. I hail from Texas and was bore in October.
Nice to meet you all.
I have taken an interest in terrain creation just as an offhand skill/hobby to know for the future. I want to work with computers for a long term job, but I have not really taken any initiative in ways of coding and what not. C++ is just tedious to learn, honestly.
But this seems to be a good thing to work on to create landscapes I have envisioned in several scenarios regarding games, roleplays, and whatnot.
I just like exploring shit, so I'd like to use a program to explore this in first person, as large scale as it is.
Currently trying out a landscape with a jungle and some mountains. Got as far as a little coast, some plateaus (accidentally), snowcaps, and a volcano. Now I want to figure out how to put more earthly furnishings on it other than just the surface.
What is there to life that we can not solve with a vigilant eye and a hopeful heart?
Akatsua

Re: Better A Place Than Any

Postby Akatsua » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:09 am

And yes, I am a human.
What is there to life that we can not solve with a vigilant eye and a hopeful heart?
Akatsua

Postby Telarus » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:06 pm

Hi! Welcome to the forum.
Telarus
Doyen

Postby Akatsua » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:15 am

Yes, it's nice to meet you.
I am still looking for help on that vegetation, if you have any input you'd be willing to offer. C:
Akatsua

Return to Users' projects