L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Do you find the off-line user-guide useful?

Any and all chit-chat regarding L3DT.

Poll ended at Wed May 31, 2006 11:08 am

No, I didn't know there was one.
No votes
Not really, I don't think it's very good.
No votes
Not really, I prefer the up-to-date on-line version.
67%
Yes, I refer to it when I get stuck.
33%
YES! I'd be outraged if it wasn't included in v2.4
No votes
Who cares? I never read user-guides anyway.
No votes

Total votes : 3

Postby Aaron » Mon May 01, 2006 11:08 am

Hi All,

For the last few major releases I've included an off-line version of the user-guide in the installation package (though not for beta-releases). The impending release of v2.4 has got me thinking about whether this is worthwhile. Basically, the cut-and-paste process from the on-line user-guide to the off-line docs is rather time-consuming (I have to change soo many links), taking up time I'd rather be spending on life/programming/work/etc.

So, the question is, "Do you find the off-line user-guide useful?"

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby SeerBlue » Mon May 01, 2006 7:05 pm

I always use the online guide, short term (and longterm sometimes) memory problems kick in after 4 soda's so it is easier for me to click a link than try to remember where something is saved.. SeerBlue
Check Out Me-DEM
SeerBlue
Luminary

Postby monks » Mon May 08, 2006 10:28 pm

Seerblue has it exactly: I always use the online helps when they're available. Hard drives are getting so massive (and cluttered :lol: ) these days, simply fire up a search, and you have it.

monks
monks
Oracle

Postby Aaron » Tue May 09, 2006 2:01 am

Hello,

Oh goody, I like it when polls agree with what I want to do (never mind the fact that 3 people have voted, so there's a statistical error of plus or minus 57%).

Anyway, in the last beta-release I redirected the 'Help->User-guide' menu-option to point to the website (previously it pointed at the off-line version). If anyone wishes to retain the old off-line docs, they can get them from the v2.3d installers that are still on the download pages. To access them from the 'Help->User-guide' menu option in the new releases, you'll need to modify the relevant paths in the 'Settings->Paths' menu option.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby monks » Tue May 09, 2006 9:53 am

Oh goody, I like it when polls agree with what I want to do (never mind the fact that 3 people have voted, so there's a statistical error of plus or minus 57%).

Hahaha :lol: sounds like there's an election coming up.

monks
monks
Oracle

Return to General discussion