L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Is the alpha maps swapping components correctly?

Any and all chit-chat regarding L3DT.

Is the alpha maps swapping components correctly?

Postby hunterkiller » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:49 pm

I look in the editor, and the colors for various texture masks isn't the same as what gets saved out. For example my sand layer in one instance is blue, and in a small basin where water is. I look at the PNG saved out and it is red. It looks like the red and blue channels are not swapped correctly.

Anyway I have a tool that combines alpha maps into a single texture atlas so I am currently swapping it in there, so this isn't a huge priority, but may be work looking at. This occurs in 2.4b Rev. 2.
- HK
hunterkiller

Postby Aaron » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:22 am

Hi HunterKiller,

Are you referring to the colour used in the display in the alpha wizard, or the colour specified in the XML file?

The display colours are only there for prettiness, and assume the output will be RGB. If you're outputting as RGBA, or as greyscale, they will be wrong. If this is important, I can put in a fix whereby you can set the preferred display mode.

The values in the XML file should however be correct, and if you find otherwise please let me know.

Best regards,
Aaron.

Edit: Oh, hang on, there was a problem in the XML/RGBA output in v2.4b build 2, which was fixed in ~ build 8.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to General discussion