L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Question Re: L3DT to TSE integration

Any and all chit-chat regarding L3DT.

Question Re: L3DT to TSE integration

Postby trollfiddler » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:00 am

Hi Aaron,

Just wondering how work is progressing on the plugin for getting stuff into TSE?

Thx,

Dave.
trollfiddler
Luminary

Postby Aaron » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:46 pm

Hi Dave,

That's a fair question. Presently I believe we're waiting on the availability of a developer at GarageGames to finalise the plugin. The original plan was that I write a simple plugin API for L3DT, and GG uses this to write an Atlas export plugin. The alternative approach - having me bolt the TSE code into L3DT - was deemed unwieldy, as the TSE codebase is much larger than my plugin API*. However, I believe MS4 and the impending TGEA release snapped-up the Atlas developers, so efforts had stalled. Anyway, (very) recent correspondence assures me that something will be available for testing shortly. There is a contractual delivery date, and it is looming.

Cheers,
Aaron.

* Well, that, and I'd need to upgrade compilers (again) so that I could build TSE.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby trollfiddler » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:18 am

Hi Aaron,

Thanks a million for that. Apologies for not replying sooner, I've been pretty ill for a while but seem to be on the mend now.

Really looking forward to this plugin, it's a real pain getting terrains into TSE at the moment due to their Machiavellian import routines. Then all we'll need is real-time terrain deformation brushes in L3DT :-))

Cheers,

Dave.
trollfiddler
Luminary

Postby Aaron » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:33 pm

Hi Dave,

I'm sorry to hear you were ill, and I wish you a speedy and complete recovery.

Really looking forward to this plugin, it's a real pain getting terrains into TSE at the moment due to their Machiavellian import routines. Then all we'll need is real-time terrain deformation brushes in L3DT :-))

You've actually picked my two next cabs of the rank there. Once the Atlas exporter is completed, I'll be moving right on to terrain brushes, or more particularly, implementing enough features in the plugin API that other developers can make brushes (I'll do a few examples, of course.)

Best wishes,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby trollfiddler » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:35 am

Woo hoo! Great news, the greatest in fact :-)

Thanks for the good wishes and also the reply in the GG forums.

Go raibh mile maith agat

Dave.
trollfiddler
Luminary

Return to General discussion