L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

How to use the L3dT plugin for TGEA and where can i find it?

Any and all chit-chat regarding L3DT.

How to use the L3dT plugin for TGEA and where can i find it?

Postby m_stolley » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:19 am

Hi all,

i just want to ask where i can find the plugin and how i can use it?

I have a new compiled TGEA 1.0 Version with the tools folder where the source of the plugin is.

How can i export from L3DT and import to TGEA with the plugin and exporter?

Thank you!
m_stolley

Postby piratelord » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:02 pm

Personally, I just do it directly via script, since it is actually very easy.
piratelord
Luminary

Postby Aaron » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:37 am

Hi m_stolley,

There are some issues with the plugin code as provided with TGEA 1.0, and we're working to rectify the situation as soon as we can. I sincerely apologise to you, and all TGEA users who have been waiting for this plugin.

I believe the state of play at the moment is this:
1) The plugin API code in the TGEA release has some odd and unnecessary MFC dependencies that make it tricky to compile. This is my fault, and I've fixed the problem in the latest API, but it's not gone upstream yet.
2) Some code required to initialise the API is missing from the plugin. I’m responsible for this insofar as the API initialisation process is a bit more complex than it needs to be, and I did not clearly document what these initialisation functions were (other than to provide a few reference implementations). I’ll update the API and fix the plugin code ASAP and send it back to GarageGames.
3) I believe from recent communication that the blended texture export is not working at the moment, but Ben’s on the case. However, my understanding is that we won’t delay the beta release to get blended textures going, so it’s likely that the first release will be unique textures only. On the up-side, I have put together a pretty snazzy automated alpha-map generation algorithm for this plugin, so when the blended textures are going, it will be significantly easier than the present method of manually combining layers, exporting images, etc.
4) To expedite the whole process, I’m pushing to have the regular QA skipped and instead go for a public beta trial. All complaints addressed to me, of course.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Sage » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:44 am

Ah, that's the answer to the question I just posted in the other thread.

Thanks, Aaron.
-Sage
Sage

Return to General discussion