L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

FREE L3DT Sky Downloads

Any and all chit-chat regarding L3DT.

FREE L3DT Sky Downloads

Postby DeathTwister » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:04 pm

Hay all,

Well I wanted you all wonderful people to know I uploaded 7 new L3DT Skies to my resources section of my website. I uploaded all the ones I have posted on this website, so go grab them if ya like.

http://www.theatomizer.com

Go to Resources, downloads, textures and they are in there among all the goodies. You can also click on the checkout button as well. I also added a Sky reflect map in the forlder, so they will also go into Torque if you so desire.

DeathTwister :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby monks » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:06 pm

Cheers DeathTwister- i shall have some fun with those :wink:

monks
monks
Oracle

Postby Aaron » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:44 am

Hi DeathTwister,

Cool skyboxes! Cheers for adding the link to the wiki.

Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby monks » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:48 pm

Dumb question: how do you get the skyboxes into your mgf to open in the viewer?

monks
monks
Oracle

Postby Aaron » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:39 pm

Hi Monks,

You have to copy the skybox images into the L3DTVi2\skybox directory. I haven't downloaded those skyboxes yet, so I'm not sure if they use L3DTVi2's naming convention. If not, you can see the filenames corresponding to cardinal directions here:

http://www.bundysoft.com/wiki/doku.php?id=tutorials:terragen:skybox#targets_for_images

Cheers,
Aaron.
Last edited by Aaron on Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:31 pm

Hay monks,

yes, I made them to the L3DT naming conventions so all you have to do is make a backup of your old skies, then just cut and past them into the dir. I also added a reflect map for the water reflections, so they can also be used in Torque as well. But you will have to rename them for Torque to their naming conventions if you use them in TGE or TSE. That help you? I hope?

DeathTwister
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby monks » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:07 pm

Thanks chaps- I moved the default skybox into a temp folder. I downloaded a couple. There was one file which didn't seem to follow the convention so I changed its name- I didn't try to load it so it may be OK anyway. I've used one of them in my article (soon to be posted on MEDEM)- 'The Rapture'- very cool 8)
Thanks for the use of them DeathTwister.

monks
monks
Oracle

Postby DeathTwister » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:08 pm

guge type Monks,

HAHA, no problimo Monks you got it, hope you enjoy them. I made one bottom plate, some have color, but mostly I just coppied Aarons bottons to the folders. And I added a Sky reflect map for people who want to change the naming conventions to fit what ever other engine they might be working with. So enjoy all. I will be soon posting a tutorial on how to make shies. No not how to set the cameras up, I will give that file away as it's no biggie. But Making Clouds and Skies can be a fun art in making them.

When I was a 2D award winning artist I loved Terrains and skies very much. I guess they called that a landscape artist back then, and then I would add Salvador Dali type stuff to my painings.
So it is no surprise that I love making Terrains and shies now I am into 3D. I love to share with people and I get a kick out of watching a Animay film or a VT show and I see one of my Textures, or something I have made or given away and I see it in someone elses art project. I feel it is a great honor to share with other artists around the world. So have fun all Have fun and go make me proud as I know you all will. Me to I hope /chuckles.

DeathTwister
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby monks » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:48 pm

guge type Monks

huh- what does that mean?

I will be soon posting a tutorial on how to make shies. No not how to set the cameras up, I will give that file away as it's no biggie. But Making Clouds and Skies can be a fun art in making them.

Cool. I look forward to reading it.

When I was a 2D award winning artist I loved Terrains and skies very much. I guess they called that a landscape artist back then, and then I would add Salvador Dali type stuff to my painings.

Hey- good stuff! Well I ain't won nowt (boohoo). Dali was that rare combination of visionary and consummate technician. He had a rather bizarre life- I was intersted in the Surrealists when I was at college- went to an all-day film marathon of Surrelist films (Brother Quay, Bunuel, etc) with a couple of friends. It was one of those 'artsy' type cinemas, where everybody took it so seriously. We were creasing up with laughter at some of the films but we didn't want to offend anybody- trying to hold it in- which made it worse. Anyway, eventually somebody down the front couldn't keep it in any longer and burst out laughing. That broke the ice and it was 'OK' to laugh then. :lol: It was a hilarious day all round.

I think you have to live in Prague to get a lot of it. :)

I love to share with people and I get a kick out of watching a Animay film or a VT show and I see one of my Textures, or something I have made or given away and I see it in someone elses art project.

Great! Could I request a starry sky and storm clouds?

Cheers,
monks
monks
Oracle

Postby DeathTwister » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:46 pm

guge type Monks

Hummm good questain, maybe that was good morning but I hadn't had a cup of coffee yet?

OK in the next week or so I will post a tutorial on my site. I have needed to update those pages badly anyway so good idea to get all that up to date. I am going to take reviews and Tutorials and put them together. I have a few Tut's I want to do so I will post when I get my chit together here so you guys know.

I just build a 64 bit athlon comp with 1gig ram, 2ghz CPU, 6200 16speed PCI-E video card, and so on, so I am a bit bussy getting it up to speed, then I will pop the Tuts & Skies out for you guys. I am moving all my Dev off the internet comp as I am tired of getting Viri on my goodies. So will just use it for email, downloads and forums, work on other mashines. Then I will get on the Tuts and other stuff.

Ok, give me a few days and I will pop out a starry sky and a storm one. I have a starry Sky on hand I think, so I will rename it and post it under the L3DT skies I have posted. If I haven't posted the skies by Sunday bug the crap outa me ok? hehehe /smiles. I may have gotten sidetracked and may need a reminder. Mad Scientist/Artist and all that if you know what I mean.

Yes I know what you mean, I to have been in a theatore and had a time trying not to laugh when I wanted to split a gut at what I was watching. Sounds like you had a killer time there. Wish I could have been there Monk. Sounds like you guys had a gass.

Life is long most times so plenty of time for you to win awards and get acclaim in life, hell most of us are allways at it and never make it untill after we die so not to worry brother you will get there. I seen your stuff and its great you just keep on trucking.
Remember a Artist has to thrive on rejection in order to make it and create, or at least that is what everyone has been telling me all my life. Not sure I agree with that? but at least it gets us out of trouble at times, /giggles.

OK so 2 new Skies I will post this weekend then I will get on the Sky Tut. I hope most everyone has Bryce? if not you will need to go download a evaluatipn copy to do the Tut. That is one underestamated program.

DeathTwister
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby monks » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:13 pm

Hummm good questain, maybe that was good morning but I hadn't had a cup of coffee yet?

Thought that was some hip jivetalking there afor a moment...perhaps it was more a case of what you had had that morning? lol

I have a few Tut's I want to do so I will post when I get my chit together here so you guys know.

- we could link to them from MEDEM.

Ok, give me a few days and I will pop out a starry sky and a storm one. I have a starry Sky on hand I think, so I will rename it and post it under the L3DT skies I have posted. If I haven't posted the skies by Sunday bug the crap outa me ok?

Thanks. hehe- sets his phaser to bug the crap outa

I may have gotten sidetracked and may need a reminder. Mad Scientist/Artist and all that if you know what I mean.

I think I saw a stormy one up there already. Picturing the doc from 'Back to the Future' :lol:

Yes I know what you mean, I to have been in a theatore and had a time trying not to laugh when I wanted to split a gut at what I was watching. Sounds like you had a killer time there. Wish I could have been there Monk. Sounds like you guys had a gass.

Yeah- it's always stayed with me that surrealist stuff- escpecially Jan Svankmajer( -the Czech dolls and all that). Kafka as well. Going to the cinema is supposed to be fun, but by the time that marathon (8 hrs of surrealist films) had ended we all felt like we had rolled up our sleeves and put in a good days work hehe

Remember a Artist has to thrive on rejection in order to make it and create, or at least that is what everyone has been telling me all my life.

or maybe an artist has to do the rejecting...profound silence... :?

monks
monks
Oracle

Postby DeathTwister » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:26 pm

hay guys,

Sorry for not getting back this week but it has been a duzzy. Not a bad thing just real bizzzzy. OK I posted the Night sky last weekend on my site :roll: and forgot to post that fact to you here and I also did one called MoonDaze I think you will like. I will get a good storm sky up soon, maybe I will use that as a good tutorial this coming week I promised to do, so that may be where it gets done.

I have been updating our website all week with updating our buttons which sucked and I went to my BIO by chance and realized that somehow a 8 year old version of who I am err was err bad bad Maylock, was up and was so embarresing to me that I had to stop all I was doing, and do a good update of my BIO on the team atomizer page. I am still working on it, but wow, it's about a 1000 better then it was. And not embarressing any more. I can't believe I let that one up and didn't check myself. Shesh /smaks himself in the head........ :roll:
But while I was into it I had a :idea: and desided to update the art page as the old Cult 3d part of the (ART PAGE) site was old and needed revision. So I Re-did it as my art page as I really didn't have a place to just share the bulk of my art, and I do not intend to dominate the art gallery with my stuff inside it, other then just one for photography and one for art, or one for each kind of styles that we will be setting up inside the galleries as there will be many buildings.
I will be working more on that but I have a ton of work yet on the Resource page of our website, with new buttons for that and I am putting the reviews into Tutorials as I don't intend to do allot of reviews anymore unless I am doing Tut's so I desided that was a good combo and is this next week project.
I know Aaron can sympathise here as he has his hands full with this one here, aye bro?
All should be done and updated by next weekend. I hope. also I am going to post a few animations I have done using Fraps and DivX on both the 3d art gallery page and the Games page with upcoming animations of our free game DeathLords we have been working on. so by next weekend I should be able to get back to my regular work of building worlds like I like to do, hahahahahaaa..... :lol:

So a storm is a coming brother in the form of a Tut, and thanks for likeing my skies, I hope you all have good use of them. Oh by the way Monks looking real good with your art, way to go bro!!!!!! /many smiles

DeathTwister AKA Maylock in real life :roll:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby monks » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:46 pm

Hey DeathTwister- thanks for the skies. I'll have a look at them and your site the first chance I get. I opened up a stormy sky one called 'windswept' that you did, but it doesn't follow the L3DT naming convention, so I'm a little stuck with it.

Thanks for the cool free stuff again :D

monks
monks
Oracle

Postby DeathTwister » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:41 pm

Hay Monks, and to all,

Just a quick note. Have done most things except the Storm sky Tut and uploaded anamay's. Will do both in next few days, been way hella bizzy. Just now saw the L3DT update and am doing that now, WOOT Aaron WTGD.
I posted a new world Scorpious Mons a small world you may like to see (in the users gallery) using that Moondaze sky I posted on my site. I will get that Tut together here and if you want that storm sky I did post it should be easy to convert naming conventions. Take one and match it up with Aaron's Tut and I think they will work fine. Maybe have to rotate "Sky 5 or the Y" in Photoshop and turn it 90% but it should work ok. If I get time I will re-convert it for you and post it. But I will make a better storm sky here in a bit. Ok I am off lots to do and never enough time to do it in, DOH :roll:

DeathTwister :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:24 am

Hi DeathTwister,

Good luck with the website update.

DeathTwister wrote:All should be done and updated by next weekend. I hope. also I am going to post a few animations I have done using Fraps and DivX on both the 3d art gallery page and the Games page with upcoming animations of our free game DeathLords we have been working on.

Ooh, looking forward to it.

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Next

Return to General discussion