L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

FREE L3DT Sky Downloads

Any and all chit-chat regarding L3DT.

Postby DeathTwister » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:24 am

Whew long week and not over yet,

Hi all. OK I have done many things this week and most are up and running I think. I have done the folowing:
1. uploaded 2 more L3DT skies for everyone. I uploaded the finished Skies from the Sky Tut I just finished. The Skies are in my Resources area where the other skies are in Textures.
2. I have made the Tutorial on making the Skies I do on the Resource part of my website under of course Tutorials. It's the one at the top of the list, have fun and I hope you enjoy, I worked all day on it. If it is a bit spacy let me know and I will correct anything I may have gooffed.
3. I have updated my Bio and personal page on the team atomizer part of our website and it gives a way better idea of what I am up to then the one did before. I am still updating it, but it isn't embarrasing like it used to be.
4. I have added a button in the Art area of some of my Art work as a artist, some 2D paintings so far and more will follow in the weeks to come, also added some digital art, and some concepts for diferent ideas of art and projects I have done or concieved over the years.
still to come is a area in the personal page of my Bike rides or walk abouts in this incredible forest I live in this area of the united states. But later after I recoup from all this work I did to the site.

http://www.theatomizer.com

I would like to post the Tut over here somewhere in the next week or so, but hay I am tired and need to edit some music I have been working on tonight still so I can post the music in the next few days as well on our website. sorry if I may be misspelling anything but I am tired and going to log out for the day and take some rest..........

DeathTwister
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:10 am

Hi DeathTwister,

Nice work! Your tutorial reads very well. I've added a link to it from the users' wiki.

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby monks » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:24 am

Hi DeathTwister, sorry to hear about the recent loss of loved ones.

monks
monks
Oracle

Postby monks » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:27 am

Great work pal!
The Sky tut is looking sweet. I'll link you from MEDEM.
Also, liking some of your artwork too- :)

monks
monks
Oracle

Postby DeathTwister » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:39 pm

Hay bro's,

Hay thanks Monks I did work hard on it, and i hope it all came out understandable /chuckles as I was pretty burnt on web work by that time hahaha :lol: but I do feel the website has a better over all tied together feeling now and such. I have lots of updates but that can wait a few, as I needed a few days off line to collect my thoughts so to speak.

I will add the mission statement of my company by next week or so and I need to add some animations to the art gallery page yet, and up date the news as we should have a test server within we hope 10 days or so and we need that to finish alot of the stuff we have been working on by actually testing it all under load. Then we will really see if we are in trouble or on schedual hahahahahahahaaaaa :roll: :roll: :roll: if you know what I mean /wink :wink:. alsdo need to see what Aaron has been up to as I haven't had time to get it back into gear here, and hope to do that next day or 2. OK thanks again guys and will be a posting stuff here soon as I get it together. Aaron did you go from 2.3d to 2.4 yet? or just news, haha see I need to have some time and brouse again, yaaa the good life. I kinda reqad some of it and was wondering if the brush size edit will be in the next build or later? didn't see that part. Then I can use my Wakum Tablet more in there WOOT.....

I really need to fix/figureOut/ or get smart about the import TSE as well, we almost have it but not quite and I want to play a bit to see if I can figure it out now or need more help. It is a bit Tweaky math it seems to me and my partner, but I think we are almost there. Don't seem to be generatting chunk files now and not sure why. But I'll talk mre about that in the other post where it belongs here later today or tomorrow after I try one or 2 things and check for that error at GG to see maybe if they have a fix on that one, I thought I saw something so I will check it out first before posting again. Speaking of, need to go check that one out so OVEr and out for now dudes. and Dudette's if any?? :oops:

DeathTwister :lol:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby DeathTwister » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:41 pm

OOh thankies on the loved ones, yes animals passing can be brutal if you love them alot, and yes I love my kids and so do my good friends. anyway thanks again and talk in a bit.

DeathTwister
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:38 pm

Hello,

DeathTwister wrote:I do feel the website has a better over all tied together feeling now and such.

Hear hear. I find it easier to read and navigate now. Well done.

DeathTwister wrote:Aaron did you go from 2.3d to 2.4 yet? or just news,

Just a progress report. It's still a long way from being ready.

DeathTwister wrote: I kinda read some of it and was wondering if the brush size edit will be in the next build or later?

Later, sorry. Release 2.4 is just for scripting and some sub-system updates. I'll do UI things like brush-size, painting attributes maps, etc on the release after that, m'thinks.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:51 pm

ahhh yawn good morning,

Well here anyway :lol: Ah I see about the brush size and yes I do understand, I was just hoping is all :roll: haha,

If you can help in the next build with the export to torque with just the info we need:
Whoops, that was an oversight on my part. The next release of L3DT will have a script to calculate this value for you, without leaving the app.

WOW that will make me more then happy anyway at this moment :lol: :lol: :lol: does a jig and dances the night away.........

If you have saved the map as a HFF, you can read the scale value from the file using the 'Options->Utilities->Read file header' menu option.

Cool I'll check that one out and I think I did find the other one below that you posted so yes I am getting closer and will keep trying till a auto fix comes out to help the poor pea brained artist like myself that have no math/programmer skills to speak of and taking pity on the poor artists hahahahahahahaaa..

Thanks again Aaron as it is a great pleasure watching you create what your building and I am more then honored to be part of this in anyway I can. believe me, a good artist can really appreciate a good programmer who understands a artists needs and how to go about helping them achieve those goals. simply wonderful.
In fact all you guys on this forum are awesomely great and it truly is a pleasure to be here, and thanks for all the help you have given me so far.
I truly think your software will go down as one of the greats in breaking ground on so many levels. Not to mention I think you and all you dudes on this forum are a group of incredible artists/programmers, a rare combo I think besides.
I can now share art and ideas with many brothers like you and I, who are in this industry in one way or another, so we all must be a bit crazzzy haahahahaha that is why I think it is all so fun to be here :lol: :wink: Kinda like the old Mural days but hella way better ROTFL

DeathTwister :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:17 pm

Hi DeathTwister,

Sorry I haven't replied sooner. I was giving a seminar earlier in the week and it consumed a fair bit of my time. Anyway, thank-you for your appreciation, and for your contributions also. It is nice to have some more artistically-minded people around the place to counter-balance the programmatically-minded folk such as myself. Ying and yang, and all that...but who's the ying, and who's the yang? Hmmm...that's too deep for me. Better sleep on it.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:55 pm

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL,

Thats cool bro and thanks. As for the yin/yang part, hay I am not going to go there ROTFL ROTFL............... I hear ya as I have been hella bizzy as well, haven't even had a lot of time on comps last few days so I could catch up with mundane stuff yuck......... ROTFL :lol:
Yin usually has more creative so I guess I'll take the U know what part (the receptive) ROTFL ROTFL......... Any ETA yet on the next build since you are maybe back for a bit? I'm dieing to be able to export and have all the info I need to bring the terrains into TSE soon.

Haven't had the time either to play with that other info you gave me, so maybe later today if the snow that is coming down here on the west coast doesn't blow my power... :cry:
We have been having way to many power outages lately here where I live. In the last week maybe 2 1/2 days with no power and dang it's been getting cold here. Have a generator but WOW the gas prices...and can't use my computers yet since I have no inverter.
But one is on it's way from the bay area soon from a friend. A very nice system That will help, It is supposed to have 6-8 hours with the industrial APS for at least 8 computers, so I think maybe 12 hours for 3 PC's. I hope. Dang things cost like 5 grand to get a good one though. Deep cell bateries, with a good inverter and my generator and I should be good to go in bad weather. In the Spring I'll start getting Solar cells to add to the mix so when power goes out I don't loose a thing.

Will post some snow shots from my bike rides later this week on my personal page. Brrrrrr, I live 1 1/2 miles from the ocean and I am freezing my ass off here, dang what a winter this one is.

DeathTwister AKA Maylock
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby DeathTwister » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:39 pm

OOH by the by,

If anyone interested I added a few more of my 2d Airbrush/brush acrylic paintings to my art pages I have on my site. I will shoot more when I can get some better light. all the rain/snow has me indoors and wanting for good pictures of the stuff I have left that isn't sold yet. except for my bike rides hahahahaaaa... to cold to ride today though Brrrrrrrr....

DeathTwister frozen solid :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:49 pm

Hi DeathTwister.

DeathTwister wrote:Any ETA yet on the next build since you are maybe back for a bit?

Officially, the ETA is still the 1st of July. I've no idea when a pre-release will be ready; there are an awful-lot of broken things at the moment.

DeathTwister wrote:...dang what a winter this one is.

I hope things warm-up for you soon. If it were possible I would send you some of our summer - we hit 37C (99F) today, in the shade.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:50 pm

Dang,

This California Boy is frozen. Me not used to snow and such where I have lived so long. yes yes, send me some warmth please /smiles.

Oh OK, well I was hoping maybe for that math for exporting my stuff to Torque, but I will suffer through and get it all figured out. We are close and I think if I can get a full day to work on the Export/Import to TSE I will be happy. Just to many things to do ATM. Then maybe I will have time to sprain my brain with that math again. /chuckles..

I did get some time to mess with another world, so I will post in here in a minute or 2 a few pieces, but here is a Sneak peak..

I wish I had more time to play with L3DT, As I have had to stop and make other kinds of models ATM. :cry: I am the only Modeler At the moment on this motley crew, so I have to wear way to many hats sometimes. at least I can do it, just gets me spun in different directions sometimes is all. /Wry Grin.........

Ok Y'all, See ya all a bit later, and I dreampt last night about making little paths along a mountain side inside L3DT. Now that is taking ones work to bed with them, Hahahahahahaaaaaaqa LOL LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DeathTwister
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby monks » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:22 am

righty-O :)

I've been very busy lately and ill (great combination :roll: ), so I've not been able to keep up wiith lots of stuff- hehe.

//this post seems to have gone in the wrong thread: still it applies to pretty much everything right now :lol:

Hey- like the world above DeathTwister!

monks
monks
Oracle

Postby DeathTwister » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:25 pm

HAhaa, its all good bro /smiles...

Yaya I have been very bizzzy as well. One artist to many projects going, have to model everything you see /chuckles. And my email got clogged somehow and didn't know bout it. Just got it un-clogged and am responding now hehe.
Good to see your bizzy as well and hopefully not getting into to much trouble??? :lol: Haha maybe not :roll:

Looking forward to being able to get back and play with my favorate program L3DT, but have stuff to do first before play.... I like this program better then video games, WOW am I a sick one hugh?

DeathTwister
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion