L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Detail map in Sapphire

Any and all chit-chat regarding L3DT.

Detail map in Sapphire

Postby Aaron » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:17 am

Hi Everyone,

I finally got around to implementing the detail map in Sapphire. You can see the effect in the composite image below, where the left section is taken with detail mapping disabled, and the right section with detail mapping enabled:

Detail mapping can be turned on or off by using the 'Options->Apply detail map' menu option in Sapphire.

The updated Sapphire plugin is available for download from here:

http://www.bundysoft.com/L3DT/downloads/plugins/bin/Sapphire-bin.zip

Please let me know if there are any problems.

Cheerio,
Aaron.

PS: You will need L3DT release 2.5.2.16 or later to use this Sapphire update.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Pez_man » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:51 am

Ummm... does it work by it self or do i have to place it in a specific folder? If so... which one..

Thanks...
Pez_man
Luminary

Postby Aaron » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:21 am

Hi Pez_man,

Yes, it should be automatic. You can turn it on and off with the 'Options->Apply detail map' option in the Sapphire menu, as highlighted below:

If you want to change the detail map image, go to 'Extensions->Sapphire->Edit renderer settings' in the L3DT menu, and double-click on the Terrain/DetailMap/FileName option (as below). This will open a file-open dialog box, with which you may select your new detail map.

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Pez_man » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:40 pm

Thanks man! (i love this program so much)!!!!!!!!
Pez_man
Luminary

Postby Pez_man » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:51 pm

Thanks again, I figured out how to do it by overwriting the file, i was just confused wether I might have to reinstall L3DT.
Pez_man
Luminary

Postby metalliandy » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:12 pm

Nice work Aaron! :)
metalliandy
Doyen

Postby ThePug » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:36 am

How exactly do I install this? I click on the file in the download and L3DT opens with popup saying Sapphire.zeo is already installed- but the Detail Map options aren't there like in your screenshots.
ThePug

Postby Aaron » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:04 pm

Hi ThePug,

Plugin updates aren't yet well-handled by L3DT. You have to uninstall the old one using the extension manager, and then install the new one. Otherwise, you can simply copy the new plugin over the old one, which should be located at:

Code: Select all
C:\Program Files\Bundysoft\L3DT [version]\Extensions\Sapphire.zeo

However, if you're using an old version of L3DT I'd strongly recommend you update to the most recent developmental build. The reason is that the latest build of Sapphire is compiled against the latest version of the plugin API, which is only available in the latest developmental build of L3DT. Also, the latest developmental build will come with the latest version of Sapphire pre-installed.

Best regards,
Aaron.

PS: The detail map won't appear if your graphics card / drivers don't support multiple texture units.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to General discussion