L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Art Contests and Challenges, A simple question

Any and all chit-chat regarding L3DT.

Art Contests and Challenges, A simple question

Postby DeathTwister » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:29 pm

So what is it going to take to get you artists/programmers to come on board and support Aaron in these Challenges/Contests and submit art each Month?

I have one idea that may help. Make them every 3-4 months, and give a real award to winner, like maybe for prof. l3dt package to winner, if they have one already like me and others, then they get to have the next upgrade for free or something. Just a thought.

But I do it for Aaron for support to someone I feel has deserved and earned the support for there work they have done, and I have no need other then that to submit entires for myself that is.

So lets get some talk going here so people feel there needs are getting met so they can feel good about entering Aaron's Contests.

DeathTwister

PS: Get why I have this handle as a name??? /smiles...... and winks
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Madcowthomas » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:51 pm

Thinking Deathtwister lot people are so wrap up in there projects that is no time to produce work for a contest.

Myself, since we switch engines and find myself spending more time learning Unity3d and Maya. So don't see myself with any free time in the upcoming months to produce work for contests.

But I think your right that should be some type of reward for the person that wins the contest. And maybe continue doing the month to month contest, but after 6 months we take all those winners and then judge them to see who wins the prize.

Might be neat if you could win a L3DT shirt or coffee mug , something have on your desk. Nothing fancy, simple things in life make us have the most pleasure.
From the mad cows desk to yours,
Peace
Madcowthomas

Yo...Reggie vacation mom!

"Without imagination we would cease to exist"
William Thomas
(1970-)
Warning!
Burping Babies are the Cause of Global Warming!
Madcowthomas
Doyen

Postby DeathTwister » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:30 am

Hay guys,

actually that is a very good idea, now have to get Aaron to go make em /chuckles......Yes I know me as well, and it never gets any better either. I am going to switch from tge to tgea this next project so will be me around much m0re here in a month ot 2, but for now swamped like a mother to get a closed beta out, then I hope have a bit more time myself. haha Ya sire....

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby metalliandy » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:49 pm

Hey guys,

I think the main problem here is time, hence why i have not been around for a while :(

Every competition looks like fun, but i never have quite enough time to enter...

i keep promising myself though..... :)
metalliandy
Doyen

Postby DeathTwister » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:27 am

I hear ya,

I am in same position Atm myself. been real sick and now trying to catch up, Ain't going to happen, so hiring some people here next week or 2.

We Need Constructor people and some good people that know LOD for TGE (NOW) and TGEA (in about 3 months) with both .dif and .dts files, so if anyone looking for work and think they could be interested? get in touch with me. Will be switching to .x and .dds files we think as well for many reasons, so that is a plus as well if you good with those file formats.
Paying by the piece or project depending on what it is right now to start, and the best will get hired long term as we grow. Need a really good Constructor person atm, so if anyone proud of themselves in that area,please contact me. also need a good Tree/Bushes LOD person and having X Frog a plus.

contact me at:
maylock@theatomizer.com
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Madcowthomas » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:28 am

Deathtwister

Sorry to hear you been really sick , hope get better. Take it easy there and get some rest.

Also might want to check with Leadwerks forums , personally I prefer the 3D World Studio over Constructor. But might find some people there that might need some work.

I offer you my services on a object or 2 if need someone, I do use 3D World Studio. Mostly spend the last 6 months designing full city layouts.

Get Well Deathtwister!
From the mad cows desk to yours,
Peace
Madcowthomas

Yo...Reggie vacation mom!

"Without imagination we would cease to exist"
William Thomas
(1970-)
Warning!
Burping Babies are the Cause of Global Warming!
Madcowthomas
Doyen

Return to General discussion