L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Switching from TGEA 2 3D Game Space Engine Question

Any and all chit-chat regarding L3DT.

Switching from TGEA 2 3D Game Space Engine Question

Postby DeathTwister » Mon May 12, 2008 3:46 pm

Hay all,

Yep yep, I am back, finally after all this time. Whew wow have I been busy, but more on that Later, right now I have a big question.

Is anyone on Aaron's web site by chance using the Game space engine? in stead of the Torque Engine? I won't get into it now, but we have dumped the engine for way to many reasons to post here ad now, but we think we have found a much better engine for the money and we are wondering if anyone else is chewing on that engine right now as well by chance? I have terrain questions galore /smiles.....

Sorry been gone so long but working in to many apps of late to get back to L3DT until now, now I have a ton of L3DT work to do and have a new learning curve to figure out, so I have my work cut out for me, and only have around 3 months to completely rebuild a world we had just finished and was ready for release, sheshhhhhh. But that is OK as after looking around a bit we found an engine that looks so much more together then TGE or TGEA, so we switched out. But there was another reason and we will post on Garage games when we get ready after we do our research a bit more /winks......

But all in all it is going to turn out to be a very good thing, and the new engine uses the Atlas terrain engine also so should not be to hard a curve to get into. OK if anyone can help give e a shout an thanks in advance for any ad all help that comes my way /winks.

PS: Hay Aaron any Video game contests afoot? we can still enter what we did even if we are going to dump it all and rebuild it all in another engine????

OK talk soon

DeathTwister aka Maylock :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Syn » Mon May 12, 2008 10:24 pm

Can you link us to the engine you're now using?
Syn

Postby DeathTwister » Tue May 13, 2008 5:17 am

Hay there,

Sure it's http://3dgamestudio.com/

And it looks so far superior to TGE, or TGEA in every way and we are not sure why we didn't get it before, as the licensing is much better then Torque's actually, and so many more features and an unlimited amount of people that can be on each server as well, where TGEA cannot have then what 64-128 per level. With so many features that TGEA did not have and great support and so on it is a no brainer that we are migrating to it, so yes go check it all out /smiles, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
Also you can bring any kind of file into the engine from a .ax file to 3ds, or .obj,and so on, very dynamic to the max and we have been very frustrated with the pipeline one has to use to get stuff done for tge and tgea. And we can still use Constructor if we chose, but now we can work in max or XSI and just import it all in at once,very very cool.

But we left because of there licensing for upgrading policies that got us to say frack it. My Company will post on GG in the open forums in the next week or so about our expierences with there upgrade dept. so people have a better picture of what they are dealing with and buying up front as we sure didn't and we feel it is very important that people know. But I will not post more about tat here on Aaron's website as this place is for other issues so I will not talk more about that here anymore. Just keep an eye out in the GG posts is all I can say, it will be very eye opening to say the least. Ok let me know if anyone has been playing with all this and if not I will post as I figure stuff out to share here in case there is need for more refugees /chuckles........

:twisted: DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Return to General discussion