L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Errors!!!

Got a problem or need advice?

Postby notareal » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:04 pm

There seems to be a quite limited resolution what free Terragen can can offer. Render is nice, but I'd prefer to use L3DT as a whole package.

Wonder if there is any other free terrain renderer that can handle somewhat larger terrains, until L3DTvi2 is rebuild?
notareal
Contributing member

Postby DeathTwister » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:17 pm

Hay brother,

I find the work flow pretty good between the 2 actually. With added bonuses to boot. But if you are going to use huge terrains you will have to buy the full package at 99.00 bucks. But the Free version will let you know if you like it or not. Just when you export out of L3DT to Terregan, remember to resize your map to 513 as the free version will not let you bring in a bigger map, until you pay the full price. With TG2 coming out that will be even more fun to play with.
However in the end, we are all trying to get these into engines to make games with so some of the concepts get lost after you get there so to speak, but the Skies, textures, overlays, and so on can go into the video game to get all in all a pretty close version of what you want. ahh, the tweaking one does hahahahahahaha.....

I will not enter this one, but I am working on a desert entry for my 3rd and final one either one in TG? or TGE 1.5, depends on if I get the time to take this one I did in L3DT-TG and I hope end up in TGE 1.5 this month. with Sky, atmosphere, textures and so on. But not sure I have the time to get it all done yet.
Above is a good example of L3DT terrains and Textures worked into a TG environment. Then you can take the sky, sun settings, Terrain texture and add it to the L3DT one in Photoshop to add more depth, and then take it all into a Engine. Well that is the way I have been working towards, but other people have different ways of doing this. This is just one way.

anyway have fun bro, hours and hours of Play time ahead of you /smiles and winks.............

DT:twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:26 am

Hi Notareal,

notareal wrote:Got L3DTvi2 Assertion failure (c:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi7\Projects\GLScene\Source\Base\XOpenGL.pas, line 572)

Using AMD X2 3800+, 2Gb, GeForce 8800GTS, Win XP pro SP2 with latest nVidia drivers. Wonder if there some OpenGL bug in drivers. L3DTvi2 from L3DT Pro 2.4.2.15.

L3DTVi2 hasn't been modified in over a year now, so I'm guessing it's the drivers. We've certainly had problems with OpenGL support with brand-new ATI cards in the past, but usually nVidia gets this right at release. Hmmm...I'll have a chat with the L3DTVi2 developer to see if he has any ideas on this.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Help and support