L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Color overlay in Sapphire

Got a problem or need advice?

Color overlay in Sapphire

Postby Trips » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:59 pm

I want to place large, colored (red, blue, purple, ..) dots on the terrain that are visible in Sapphire to call attention to certain locations.

To that end, I tried using the Edit feature with the texture map.

The TX brush edit dialog calls for a climate, so I created a custom one called Marker. There, I created land types Red, Blue, Purple, ... with the appropriate color.

When I try to paint on the texture map with that brush, the area in question turns black. If I move the brush around a bit, some of the painted area looks like blue dots, while most is black.

If I then switch to the Attributes Map and paint with the same brush, I do indeed see a red dot. However, generating the texture map again yields the original texture, no red dot.

What is happening, and how can I paint colored dots on the texture map?
Trips

Re: Color overlay in Sapphire

Postby Aaron » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:12 pm

Hi Trips,

I suggest you view the texture map in the main window, then select the 'Tools->RGB brush' menu item. This will allow you to paint directly onto the texture map with a solid colour.

I've fixed the 'black texture' problem you observed in the next release. This fault occurs when a land type does not have an assigned texture material. Thank you for the bug report.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Color overlay in Sapphire

Postby Trips » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:40 pm

Worked like a charm!
Trips

Return to Help and support