L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Replace Height Map in Project

Got a problem or need advice?

Replace Height Map in Project

Postby psvialli » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:17 pm

I have a Project and exported the height field , then i have imported this into my Terrain i am making an i have modified the terrain slightly - so i have exported this ready to import back into my Project , but It only imports back into a new Project and as i am have a Design map it messes up all my Attributes i used so am struck :(

Is there anyway to Import a Height map back into an Existing project and replace the Current Height map ? > then recalculate ?
psvialli

Re: Replace Height Map in Project

Postby Aaron » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:26 am

Hi Psvialli,

Sorry for my slow reply. There are a couple of ways you can do this.

One is to use the 'File->Import->New map layer' menu item. Select the file to be loaded, then in the 'Import custom map layer' window, set the layer name to "HF", and set the map type to "Heightfield".

Another way is to download the Import HF script, and place it in your resources directory at:

C:\Users\[your user name]\L3DT\resources\[version]\Scripts

Then, start L3DT, load your project, and select the 'Scripts->More scripts' menu item, and choose the 'Import HF' option. The rest should be straightforward.

Please let me know if you find any problems.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby psvialli » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:25 pm

having a slight issue !

I can import the HF into my project now - Many thanks but it creates a new TAB - so when i generate my Texture Map / Water etc.. it is still using the OLD HF and not the new one i just imported.

How can i get it to use the new HF and not the old one?

Do i need to delete it first ? or name it as Heightfield ?

Many thanks for your support
psvialli

Postby Aaron » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:01 am

Hi psvialli,

I'm a little surprised by that. If the name of the new map layer is HF, the original heightfield must be overwritten because two layers can't have the same name (the heightfield is called 'HF' internally). Can you please verify that you entered exactly 'HF' into the layer name field in the import window? (note: this is case sensitive, so all uppercase please)

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Help and support