L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Problems with adding terraces when calc heightmap

Got a problem or need advice?

Problems with adding terraces when calc heightmap

Postby casenote » Tue May 27, 2014 7:44 pm

Hello!

I am extremely new to L3DT but love it! I have the pro version but have been running into a problem when viewing my heightfield in 3D after I "apply to all" terracing in the Design map. When I then try to edit in 3D mode all the heights are gigantic and I cant find the top or bottom of the map.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Casey
casenote

Re: Problems with adding terraces when calc heightmap

Postby Aaron » Wed May 28, 2014 2:14 am

Hi Casey,

Welcome to the forum, and sorry for this inconvenience. It sounds most curious. Could you please send your project's design map file (*.dmf) and map definition file (*.def.xml) to aaron@bundysoft.com? With these files I should be able to reproduce the fault and work out how to fix it.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Problems with adding terraces when calc heightmap

Postby casenote » Thu May 29, 2014 11:33 pm

Aaron,

Thanks for the super speedy reply! I actually just started over and got my map looking close the way i like it. It was a great learning experience as I got more use to the commands and controls of this GREAT program. I will try and reproduce as I have a version of that one saved. I've tried and cannot reproduce, i think i just needed a restart?

On a side question, every time you re calculate a map from a design map does it do everything differently each calculate? Sometimes when I made design changes on my map and then recalc the height field it changes the look of areas that I did not alter. I've found work arounds by just making new maps then adding pieces from others that I create. I'm just getting into the learning curve so my questions may seem novice!

Thanks again for the quick reply.
casenote

Return to Help and support