L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Run tiles error

Got a problem or need advice?

Run tiles error

Postby Cassie_Sortin » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:58 pm

I am running Version: 14.05 Pro RC 1 Build date: 23-May-2014 and have imported my heightmap, created the water table and normal map, but everytime I try to build my attribute map the program throws this error:

threadman_RunTiles error:
- thread sync wait timeout on tile 149 (6 threads active)

I have done this 6 times now, and it fails at different tile numbers (34,86,97, etc)
The map size is 20480x20480. I understand that this was a bug. Is my map too big?
I have tried creating it with different mosaic sizes 512,1024,2048 still crashes. I have tried it with and without Hi-res.

Another issue is that once it throws the error, and when I cancel the build, I have to restart the program because it stops responding to any commands.

I have made quite a few maps with your program and think that it is great. This is the first time I have run into any problems.
Cassie_Sortin

Re: Run tiles error

Postby Aaron » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:40 pm

Hi Cassie,

I apologise for this fault. Can you please send me your project's map definition file? It will be in the same directory as your project file, with a name of [your project name].def.xml. Please send it to aaron@bundysoft.com. With that file I may be able to reproduce the fault and fix it.

In the mean time, it might help if you select the 'Settings->Multi-thread settings' menu item, and enable the 'synchronise thread tiles' checkbox in the multithreading settings window. Please let me know if this helps.

Thank you for the bug report.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Cassie_Sortin » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:08 pm

Thanks Aaron, I have emailed you the file and I will try your suggestion and report back.

**UPDATE**

No luck. Changing setting did not fix it. It does not give an error now it just sits there running. Has been sitting in same spot for 1 1/2 hours.

After exiting program it is still running in the processes tab of the task manager
Cassie_Sortin

Postby Aaron » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:34 am

Hi Cassie,

Thanks for the definition file. I'm running the map now.

Also, I forgot to ask last time, but could you please send me the logfile from that last run too? You can get to the logs from the Windows Start menu, under 'All programs->Bundysoft->L3DT [version]->L3DT logs'. That shortcut will open a folder, in which you will find 'log.txt'. That log may help explain where the deadlock is happening.

After you've sent the log, there are two more possibilities you could try:
  1. First, please select the 'Settings->Mosaic cache settings' menu option. In the settings window, check the 'manual cache management' checkbox, then un-check the 'enable mosaic over-caching' checkbox.
  2. If the first option doesn't fix it, the option of last resort is to disable multithreading altogether. To do this, use the 'Settings->Multithreading settings' menu option, and un-check the 'Enable multithreading' checkbox.

I would be most grateful if you could let me know how this goes, as I'm rather eager to get this fixed for the next release.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Cassie_Sortin » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:31 pm

I have emailed you the log file, and will now try your 2 suggestions and report back.

Thanks for all the help.
Cassie

**UPDATE**

1st suggestion no good :(
Sent the log file to you. Will go for number 2 now.

**UPDATE #2**

2nd suggestion no good.
I got a bunch of these errors:

CMapWrap::SetMosaicLockArea error:
- cannot set tile lock for tiles 1,4 -> 2,5 (area 1534,4606 -> 2049,5121) in map WM (state 1)

calc_AM_GenTile2 error:
- cannot lock WM tile

CMosaicMap::SetTileLock error
- cannot decrement 0 lock count for tile 1, 4 in map WM; set lock count to 0

CMapWrap::SetMosaicLockArea error:
- cannot set tile lock for tiles 1,4 -> 2,5 (area 1534,4606 -> 2049,5121) in map WM (state 0)

calc_AM_GenTile2 error:
- cannot unlock WM tile
Cassie_Sortin

Postby Aaron » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:53 pm

Hi Cassie,

Thanks for the log files. I'm digging through them now. Most curious...

Update: Thanks to your definition file and the logs, I've managed to reproduce the faults. I'll let you know when a fix is available. Thanks again for the bug report!

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Cassie_Sortin » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:23 pm

Ok Aaron, thanks for all the help.
Cassie_Sortin

Postby Aaron » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:30 pm

Hi Cassie,

I've added the fixes to the bugs you reported to the latest installer (L3DT v14.06 release candidate 2), which is on the Pro downloads page now. Please let me know how it goes.

Oh, and by the way, it should be OK to go back into the 'Settings->Multi-thread settings' menu item and re-enable multithreading, and also go to the 'Settings->Mosaic cache settings' menu item and disable the 'manual cache management' checkbox.

Thank you for waiting, and also for taking the time to reporting these bugs.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Cassie_Sortin » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:43 pm

Thanks, am downloading now. I have posted another error ,but I will install this update and try to import again. Will let you now on other post.
Cassie_Sortin

Return to Help and support