L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Cliff faces texture appears as stairs

Got a problem or need advice?

Cliff faces texture appears as stairs

Postby Memphis291 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:18 am

Hello there,

I have created a Map that is an ongoing project since a couple of month and I am proceeding very well. Only thing that bothers me are the Cliff faces textures after Texture Layer rendering.

General information about my Texture generation process:
I am using high resulotion Textures and tried to render the (for my PC) most best possible textures, so these are my settings.

So the whole Project looks awesome, but one of the two things that is really annoying is the fact that the Cliff faces always appear with huge steps on their edges, imagine how incredibly stupid that looks ingame.

This is how the Cliff face edges appear for me:

Can anybody please tell me what to do that it looks as smooth as the Grass Sand transition like this:

Thanks in advance

regards
Memphis291

Re: Cliff faces texture appears as stairs

Postby Aaron » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:00 pm

Hi Memphis291,

The problem here is that the cliffs land types have a limited anti-aliasing blend radius to keep the edge transition sharp, as smoothly blending from grass to rock looks pretty wrong. Of course, this sharp transition also looks wrong when the texture is very high resolution and the attributes map is low resolution. What you need to do is generate the attributes map at higher resolution; ideally the same as your texture map.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Cliff faces texture appears as stairs

Postby Memphis291 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:41 pm

Thank you for your assistance Aaron and sorry for the late replay.
I am going to do what you´ve said.

cya
Memphis291

Return to Help and support