L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

L3DT and Torque 3D

Got a problem or need advice?

L3DT and Torque 3D

Postby hunterjwizard » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:19 pm

I had posted a few days ago in the general section, but I have a few more specific questions so I'm repeating in here.

First off, how well does L3DT work with the new(ish) Torque 3D engine? I was using it back in the days of TGE and TGEA and never actually got it to function to the point of being able to walk around in the world, but that was probably as much my fault as anything else(which is to say, all my fault...)

Once the large world has be created, will I be able to use Torque's terrain-editing tools to fine-tune the landscape?(we are talking about little edits like building paths and flattening areas for cities) This one is kind of important, since I can't possibly plan out every tiny detail ahead of time, especially for the project I want next.

I'm just fine with buying the tool again and will buy pro. Supporting the developer is well worth it.
hunterjwizard

Re: L3DT and Torque 3D

Postby hunterjwizard » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:40 pm

One other question:

The game I plan to create has many underground areas. In the normal Torque map its possible to simply punch a hole through the terrain object and then use any old 3d modeling program to build a mesh for your cave/sewer/subway station, and put the entrance through the hole.

Is that still possible with a map made in L3DT?
hunterjwizard

Return to Help and support