L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Vista problems

Got a problem or need advice?

Vista problems

Postby demi » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:29 am

I went out and bought a new computer last week. I am still waiting on the internet to go live BTW. It is a P4 3GHz duo core with a FX7900 video card. It came with Windows Vista on it. I installed an older version of L3DT. There are several problems with reading the registery. I installed XP and it works fine but under Vista Memeroy managment does not work, the licence fails to load.

As a side note TSE requires DX9 but Vista comes with DX10 and won't let me install DX9 DLLs and the Version I have does not support Open GL so no Crystal either. :(

Demi
demi
Oracle

Postby Aaron » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:43 am

Hi Demi,

Older versions of L3DT did write to HKLM in the registry, but more recently that was changed to HKCU, which should be permitted under Vista UAC. We've not had many users adopt Vista yet, but one that did said the newer versions worked OK. Please let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby demi » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:07 pm

FInally got Vista to run the program.

Make a note that to run L3DT under Windows Vista you MUST run it as administrator.
demi
Oracle

Postby doooogle » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:45 am

Never underestimate the power of 'Compatibility Mode'...

Just a thought...
doooogle

Postby fandaor » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:34 pm

Hello Aaron,

I have the latest version of L3DT running on Vista and I have the same trouble :
Installation is ok, first run asks for license, I provide it. Then running is ok.
If I quit and re-run, then I have a corrupted license and the soft is buggy. I have to uninstall then reprocess every thing.

I'm running Administrator if my machine.

I have the Pro version for Torque.

Can you tell me what info you need for further debug ?

Thank you in advance,

Fandaor
fandaor

Postby Aaron » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:01 am

Hi Fandaor,

At the moment you have to explicitly set L3DT to run at administrator privileges. To do this, right-click on the L3DT icon and select "Run as Administrator".

If this does not work, can you please send the debugging log to aaron@bundysoft.com? It is located at:

C:\Documents and settings\[your username]\Application data\Bundysoft\L3DT\Pro [version]\debug.dat

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Help and support