L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Auth Code Error Bug

Please report software faults here.

Auth Code Error Bug

Postby DeathTwister » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:17 am

Hay Aaron,

Humm, I went to work in L3DT tonight and I went in to create a new scene, and it said my Auth code was corrupt and re-enter my Auth code which I did, and then it said I had a invalid Auth code and shut my 2 lasts builds down, WTFW????????

OK the only thing that has changed is I added a new awesome fast mother board, and a P4 3.2 CPU duel core, and ghosted my old hard drive over to my newer bigger one as I was flat out of hard drive space. Now all my software has been working perfectly so I am not to sure that had anything to do with it as my registry seems perfectly fine with everything but my SoftImage XSI 6, which is a known bug to them and are giving me not released software to fix the problem tomorrow and that will be done. So this was very unexpected for your2 L3DT's to go down like that on me, it is always been such a rock. Any ideas boss?
DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:35 am

Hi DT,

The activation code stored in the registry is tied to the hardware, so if you change mobo/CPU/etc you will have to re-enter your activation key. However, it is supposed to then authenticate properly when you re-enter your activation code, and apparently it is not doing so.

Can you please re-enter your activation code, exit L3DT, and then send me via e-mail your debugging log, which should be at:

C:\Documents and settings\[your username]\Application data\Bundysoft\L3DT\Pro [version number]\debug.dat

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:06 pm

Well that is just creepy, after all the times I tried to auth code it, after I had restarted my comp it went in, just to be a pain I am sure, somehow it fixed itself??? anyway sent you the debug dat and maybe you can see what happened as it should also show you the other times it would not work.

Creepy though.....Maylock aka DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:45 am

Hi Maylock,

That error log showed normal startup and shutdown, so it wasn't from the session that had an activation problem. If you do encounter an activation problem again, please send the debug log before you re-start L3DT.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:11 pm

Ya I hear ya, You know it very well could have been just needing a restart as I had had many heavy CPU Apps open just before, I probably needed to clear the ram in the CPU by restarting comp and that fixed it I think, but can do if it happens again.

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Leon PRO » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:45 pm

DT, if You use Winows Vista - run L3DT under Administrator account only, and problem will done
-= I am from Russia, sorry for bad English =-
Leon PRO
Luminary

Postby DeathTwister » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:03 pm

Hahaha lololol Naw I am on win XP Pro and plan to stay there for a while, no rush to go to that OS yet /winks....Plenty of time for them to get service packs and so on together, maybe next year, maybe not. Just using to many 3D programs at once and working with a video game engine at the same time I think was all. haha.

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Return to Bug reports