L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

command line interface

It doesn't hurt to ask...

command line interface

Postby uray » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 am

these little feature would be very useful if we need to do batch processing using complex scripting, such as inflating and texturing the whole world SRTM/DEM data, since there will be thousands of heightmap files and lot of tiny processing per tile data

thank you.
uray

Postby Aaron » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:23 am

Hi Uray,

I'm not quite sure I understand how you want to do this. Do you want to a) call L3DT from the OS shell command line to run commands, or b) run script commands from within L3DT using an interactive pseudo-shell interface?

If you want the former (calling L3DT from the command line), you can do this already I think. If you call L3DT.exe from the shell with an argument that is a filename to a python or ZeoScript script file, L3DT will execute the script. If the script calls the 'application.Shutdown' function, L3DT will terminate and return control to the shell for the next command.

If you want to run scripts from within L3DT, you have the cdPython and ZeoScript plugins for this, and they have simple script entry interfaces.

If I've missed the mark and you want something else entirely, or if you find problems with the implementations of either of the two methods mentioned above, please let me know.

Best regards,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby uray » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:23 pm

ok thank you,

I didn't realize that, I'll try...
uray

Return to Feature requests