L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

World Texture Repository

Cool programs, tutorials, texture libraries, et cetera.

Postby DeathTwister » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:43 pm

Monks,

ROTFL and /chuckles. Naw me not into buying what I can make myself as well ROTFL. I keep my doe-ray-me for Aaron /smiles. I buy L3DT tomorrow, been on a long road trip so I am one wipped cookie right now, fried fritters.......
DT :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby DeathTwister » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:33 pm

Quick Up date:

We seem to have aquired an unlimited account with all the server space we can use. Not sure why they gave it to us, but they did, and hay we cooking now. So give us some time we bizzzy beez, but will get to all this. It was good news to get, so will get coppermine up and then do another update.

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby JavaJones » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:24 am

Righteo then. :D Was just about to setup a Coppermine install and set you loose on it, but have at it on your own space if you've got it to spare. Let me know if you have any problems. :)

- Oshyan
Visit Outland - Off the beaten path...
JavaJones
Doyen

Postby DeathTwister » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:05 pm

Hay guys, and sorry but I am swamped atm.

First Off my very humble apology for not getting back and into this sooner. But we are deep in it trying to get ready for the release of our http://www.atomixworldmarket.com we are trying to launch on July 15th.

After we get it launched then we will have a bit more time to help put this all together with you guys. I feel like I dropped the ball on you dudes, but I need to get some income coming in for this company if we are going to stay afloat while we build the virtual worlds and games we want to make.

We will need help with server space if we could get the help and we have copper mine, but have not installed it yet. Main reason is we built a 64 bit comp, but have been running on it with 32 bit windows, so in a day or 2 our new operating system will be hear and one more time into the breach we go and mind wipe one more time. Ahh, but to have a 64 bit system should be very interesting and I for one am looking forward to it. So win XP pro 64 bit will be here in a day or 2 and I will be down for a small bit while we rebuild.

Then we will install coppermine and see how it works and get back to you guys. I hope you all understand as I am sure Aaron does since he is getting ready to release software /chuckles :roll: :oops: :lol: :wink:

I am looking forward to doing this with you brothers and have allot of files to contribute out the gate with stuff. Did another photo shoot the other day and need to process the film and cut it up for seamless and see how it looks as well in the next week.
So the last week in July will be the earliest that I can get on this anyway, but if you want to get this all started I am game to give a hand here and there as I can. Forget who said had server space they could donate, but maybe that could get set up? or at least maybe start to get an idea of who we want to actually get it all put together.
It would be a hoot to also say as an example in a image of the month comp and just use files other then default using say the black hills textures, or ones from Arizona, or somewhere in the UK would be fun as well. I am looking for maybe some good natural Strata pics to maybe use somehow in the strata mapping in L3DT would be fun to experiment with.

Anyway I got to get back to work done before I go for my ride and work out for the day. Have a good one dudes......

DT:twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby JavaJones » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:43 am

Hey DT, no worries on the delay. Ambitious projects *always* encounter delays. I know, *most* of my projects are fairly ambitious. ;) So I'm in no hurry. A week, a month, a few months, it's fine with me. Mostly I just care that it's done right, so just keep your eye on that prize and all will fall into place. Meantime get done what you need to get done - making money is important. :D

Anyway, I was at least one person who offered server space and that's still available. Just give the word. I'm ready when you are...

- Oshyan
JavaJones
Doyen

Postby DeathTwister » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:18 pm

Hay bro,

Thankies for understanding and yes give us a few and we are onboard. KEWL
DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby The3dStudio.com » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:55 pm

monks wrote:I've just found a very interesting little app called BricksNTiles which allows for the creation very rapid seamless textures from photo for architectural models:

https://www.the3dstudio.com/product_det ... duct=14592

You may have to be registered to view that: try a search on Google if you're interested.

monks

Just to clarify, there is a 100% free version of Bricks N Tiles that can be used for non-commercial use at...

http://www.the3dstudio.com/product_deta ... duct=14590

...enjoy!
The3dStudio.com

Postby DeathTwister » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:08 pm

WOW Monks very cool,

Am going there now to check it out. Thanks for the link dude. And yes yes we will need server space when we get going thankies so very much for bieng willing to work on this all. Now I just got to get the fracking time now hahahahahahahahaha.......

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby DeathTwister » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:26 pm

hay there,

A quick message to update ya'll some. I have been up in Takilma Oregon this last weekend. We are close top getting the market open, we think the first week of August as we are waiting for some final information we needed to go live, once that gets here we open da doors. Then I sure hope to have the time to get into this Texture base with you guys. Would it be possible to have someone get the software up on the server while we are busting cookies to get ready to be able to play with you all on this Javajones? if by chance you have a bit of time? it sure would help us anyway. I have at least some great textures of tree trunks I got and going to post more later if anyone interested? I also have new textures of Beach/moss on rocks/ and other good textures I will work on and get ready to upload. But in the mean time.........
Here is a link to some very Cool Tree bark for mapping Pine Trees, very nice.

Link to it is:
http://www.theatomizer.com/postedImages/TakilmaTex_2.jpg

I went up and found a wonderful camp site to work on some of my paintings that needs finishing, so I plan to go back up there in a few weeks for a few days to paint and do some photo shoots of textures of the area, both of Trees and land/rocks. Does anyone have any requests of textures when I am up there? Here is a couple of shots of where I plan to be for a few days. Maybe a bear or 2 if I get lucky?
and another shot of the camp place I plan to be.

So get any requests in and I will do my darnedest to get them for you. Siskiyou mountain range is pretty sweet and I will make sure I know the longitudes and latitudes on the place for future reference..

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby JavaJones » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:24 am

I may have time to put something up in the next few days. E-mail me off-list oshyan AT oshyan.com and remind me. ;)

Btw I'm leaning more towards Gallery2 now (as opposed to Coppermine). It seems to be progressing more rapidly in development and has more, nicer features I think.

- Oshyan
JavaJones
Doyen

Postby DeathTwister » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:03 pm

Yawn guys, errr morning haha,

Hail Javajones and he wrote:
I may have time to put something up in the next few days. E-mail me off-list oshyan AT oshyan.com and remind me. Wink

Btw I'm leaning more towards Gallery2 now (as opposed to Coppermine). It seems to be progressing more rapidly in development and has more, nicer features I think.

Yup yup that sounds good. I emailed you a private email on this, a short one as I just got back and need to pull a ton of things together now and my marketing manager has more work for me as the art and music director then I know what to do with /chuckles ATM, but I am about ready to go head long into this with your help my brother and thank you very, very much for the help. It will take more then us to make this work, but if the 2 of us can get it going, I am sure it will take on a life of it's own. /wry smile we hope .....Hahahahahaha

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby DeathTwister » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:34 pm

Java Brother,

Somehow I managed to loose the links you sent me to the back door of the new texture site. Could you email me those links again??? I have no idea how I went brain dead on that one or why I didn't copy them to a safe dir. But I did oops :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Way to bizzy lateley I guess..

DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby JavaJones » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:03 am

All you have to do is remember the domain name we setup. :D

But yes I'll email you as well. :P

- Oshyan
JavaJones
Doyen

Postby DeathTwister » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:01 pm

Thankies bro,

KK got it and playing with it today.

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby DeathTwister » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:36 pm

Hay all quick update,

Monks Wrote:
I should have mentioned that it wasn't free- but the price tag seemed pretty reasonable- especially if you do a lot of buildings. I've often thought that something like BricksNTiles would be extremely useful to a modeling project. It would super-useful for ME-DEM down the road.
I'm not to keen on buying wall textures though.

Hay Java Brother:
I think Javabones and I are on the right track, have a URL and have been looking at software. I have just downloaded a bit back the BricksNTiles software and have a ton of new Textures to process so lets see how they come out and I think I am about ready to get the uploads started in the next few days or so after I get a handle on what is going on here around the home front, now I can hang here for a bit and not on the road, /groans at the thought.

Which reminds me Java. I went to check both out and my money is on coppermine as it was the simplest and easiest to navigate and upload file sand make an account with. I had trouble with the other one and tried to have a email sent back to my email address for the code and it never came back. So lets us just use coppermine is my thinking on the software end of things.

Having said that we need to set up Planetary continents, and I would like to set up somehow a way to input the textures on a Latitude longitude basis if that is possible? I have no programming skills so don't know how easy it would be to set that up???

DeathTwister
Dearly missed

PreviousNext

Return to Useful resources