L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

ATOMIX 2 ongoing projects "Le Galleria" and "

What are you up to?

ATOMIX 2 ongoing projects "Le Galleria" and "

Postby DeathTwister » Tue May 23, 2006 2:34 pm

Hay all,

I guess I should have done this a while ago, but I seem sometimes to be bassackwards at times.

Greetings we are ATOMIX Productions. There are 6 of us in all, but the main Peeps are my programmer and me the artist for most of this 3d engine stuff for now. The rest of our company at this time are keeping us going, WOOT we need help hahahaha.

We actually have more then 3 going, but mainly 2 I am talking about here at this time. The first one and most important is:

Le Galleria our 3d art gallery that we have been working on. I'll let go go to the web site to get the basic gist for now. What I wanted to share was how L3DT has come into play with us.

We had been using the TGE engine, and we had gotten to a point where it really didn't cut the mustard for what we wanted to achieve. Here are some screens of the old terrain, and zone we had had in mind.

is of the world with the TGE engine. This first shot is looking out away from the gallery.

This one is of the water, and here is where me as an artist got real frustrated as I could not no mater what I did get the dang water to look right. There default sucked as well I thought, so that was frustrating.

This is the zone in point to the gallery outside. There are actually about 7 buildings in all and 7 zones with our new concept.

This is the back of a building, but if you look beyond the terrain is just to lackluster in my opinion.

Enter the TSE engine, Torque Shader engine. When we figured out what the water and that we can put shaders on the water as waves and so forth we kinda lost interest in the TGE engine, Doh. This is where L3DT comes in as the TGE terrain engine imported has so many problems we couldn't get it to work and it seems so many others had trouble as well. While there are many imports now for terrain builders L3DT seems to be head and shoulders above all the rest in ATOMIX's opinion and that is why we have stayed here.

We decided on a 10 square mile world for this:
CAUTION ART NEXT 10 MILES will be the sign you see when you zone into the new world build on L3DT.

So this will be the new World when I bring it into TSE, which I am now about ready to do in this next week I hope. I will probably need help from peeps and I am not to understanding this process at all, but I am going to give it a try, me izz no programmer, /chuckles. I can't farging wait till I see Aaron's terrain in TSE with the water OMG. Then of course we have been working on a way to bring huge realistic forests in without crashing the farging machine and program, hahaha:roll: I hope to have it in and screens by the end of the month here to enter a dev shot, but if not next month's competition.

The next one is DeathLords 2.

We are about to release DeathLords to the GP as a freebie when we do. But it was just a way to get to know engines so we decided to share it back into the community. But DeathLords 2 will be a whole different matter. Everything will be in TSE and zones from 20 square miles to maybe we hope hundreds of square miles.

This is a screen of just DeathLords, as I have been working on Terrain ideas for Deathlords 2. The Volcanic Climate is for one of those zones I am working on for DL2. Again you can go to our website to get more info on this if you don't already know bout us.

The biggest problem we have ATM and is why we haven't gone live by now is dang it Money, but of course. We need to put a server up we can have right here with us or very close to us for final testing. Which we are very close to having done, but at this eleventh hour it seems that the deep pockets have kinda gotten lost for a bit :cry: . But we have faith that all will turn around here pretty dang soon we hope.

so we have taken the time to re-think the art gallery and rebuilt it while we are waiting for the lighting in TSE (June release 4 we hope) and the GG Torque Constructor which will make the rest of my job I think and hope much more fun and easier with a better building tool then is out there for buildings at this time.

We are also in the final stages of debugging a new utility for programmers in SDK's and will post that as well here very very soon. Just a couple of very slight debugging left we think.

Well that is what ATOMIX is willing to share at this time on what we are up to. Having fun and you all take care now and build new world with the joy I know you have with this.

DT aka Maylock Stansbury Head cheese of this motley crew
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Aaron » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:02 am

Hi DT,

Wow, you certainly have quite a lot of irons on the fire. It all looks very promising, so keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Hinklemister » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:37 am

Lookin good DT,
I'm sure you can get it done in a month, the way you plow through things. Oh, and nice screenies :) .

-Hinklemister
I'm 17 years old and make games!
Hinklemister
Contributing member

Postby monks » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:36 am

Aha- so that's what ATOMIX is about! I must say I did find the website a little confusing.
The 3D gallery sounds very cool- keep us posted :)

monks
monks
Oracle

Postby DeathTwister » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:01 pm

Hay guys,

Monks wrote:
Aha- so that's what ATOMIX is about! I must say I did find the website a little confusing.
The 3D gallery sounds very cool- keep us posted

Yup, we have our figures in many pies ATM. We have more also that we aren't yet talking about as your right it can be confusing, even to us sometimes /chuckles.

-Hinklemister wrote:
I'm sure you can get it done in a month, the way you plow through things. Oh, and nice screenies

Well I will make one in TSE, or TGE for next month, we are doing DEV at the same time on the same project to get one out and up soon. Hard for just 2 people;e and no money sometimes, but we will get it done and up and running yet. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Depending on the theme that is.

Aaron Wrote:

Wow, you certainly have quite a lot of irons on the fire. It all looks very promising, so keep up the good work!

OMG you don't know the half of it.
Our http://www.atomixworldmarket.com will go live July 15th at our first annual ATOMIX 3 day weekend bash here in Klamath. When we go live we will have thousands of products to sell (cool stuff) Security stuff to Fine art, and crafts. We have been getting craft people and artists from all over the place to join us from craft fairs and other places and so on.

Ten get the Galleria up we hope very soon behind that, but we need a High speed test server in our house or somewhere to do the final debugging on the gallery, then DeathLords our FREEBIE Video game, before we review our next steps and projects.

And of course we are working on www.indiemusicsociety.org which we don't have pointed anywhere quite yet to share, but coming soon, by the fall we figure.

Ultimately all I want to do is my craft and art, but I am tired of always being the broke artist/music all my life, so I have ramped up the stakes and am headed full steam ahead to stardom we hope, or die trying ROTFL.
Never give up, never serenader, if I fall down, I will get back up and try again. That is the way I am, like a dog on a bone I am with this Tech now these days, and I am happy as I feel like I found a good home.
You all make me feel like I belong and am at home as well. Thanks guys.

DT :twisted:
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Return to Users' projects