L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

B3d exporter

It doesn't hurt to ask...

B3d exporter

Postby Moonshine » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:47 am

Hi aaron I would like to request a B3d Exporter.

Have tryed your X exporter and then tryed to convert that in a B3d file
but most of the programes i have will not handle the number of vert`s or poly`s created by the X file format . Because you have spoiled me with your great program L3dT , I want what i have designed in L3dT and which looks really cool to look just as good in the game engines I design for .

regards Moonshine
Moonshine

Postby Aaron » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:45 pm

Hi Moonshine,

Thanks for your request. B3D is already listed on the plugin requests page, but you've reminded me to have another think about it.

Cheerio,
Aaron.

PS: I'm currently working on a mesh decimator plugin, and if all goes well, you will be able to reduce the poly count in X and OBJ files.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Moonshine » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:31 pm

Hi aaron sounds good.
It`s just a problem that i find with most 3d app`s exporting and importing are such a pain. I really do wish that there was a standand file format that all 3d app programmers would use, Us poor art design types have to buy so many diffierent programs to convert from one program to the next
and then wonder why the model exported or imported Doesn`t look anything like the Model created. With terrains it saves so much work trying to bake a texture, Lt map ect on to a HT map and of course when dividing a mesh it`s much easyer to line the meshs up ect. Anyway thanks aaron for looking in to this matter . Again I`am getting some great results using L3dT, I`am very happy with your Program ty.

Moonshine
Moonshine

Postby Aaron » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:20 am

Hi Moonshine,

I've included the mesh decimator in the latest beta-release of L3DT v2.6. You will be prompted to run the decimator when you export your DirectX '.X' mesh files. I've provided (brief) instructions on running the decimator in this forum post:

http://www.bundysoft.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=5316#5316 (7th post from top)

Please let me know if you find any problems.

Cheerio,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Return to Feature requests