L3DT users' community
Large 3D terrain generator

Torque Game Engine Advanced

Cool programs, tutorials, texture libraries, et cetera.

Torque Game Engine Advanced

Postby Aaron » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:57 am

Hi Everyone,

GarageGames has just released TGEA*, their uber funky game engine that's also used by lots and lots of L3DT users. You can read all about it here. Coincidentally, the TGEA export plugin for L3DT should be at release candidate stage some time this week.

Cheers,
Aaron.

* formerly TAT, formerly TSE.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Sage » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:49 pm

:D Yay!
-Sage
Sage

Postby Aaron » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:40 am

Hello again,

The source code for the 'l3dt_atlas' plugin is included with the TGEA 1.0 SDK. However, a few people have reported some problems with compilation. I recommend the following:
  • Replace the existing API code with the latest Zeolite build (available here). This removes unnecessary MFC dependencies.
  • Don't dynamically link to MFC (in fact, don't link to MFC at all, if possible).
  • Make sure you have a really recent version of L3DT Pro.

Best of luck,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby DeathTwister » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:19 pm

Woo Hoo, great news, we have switched to the Ogre engine on some things, but keeping the TGEA up to date, sure hope that L3DT plugin works good, /smiles....That would be a huge help about now hahahahahaha /smiles...

DT
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Sage » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:30 am

Man, I have been trying to compile the exporter for a couple of days now. I'm using VC 2005 Professional. Any chance that there will be a binary available from this site or Garagegames soon?
-Sage
Sage

Postby DeathTwister » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:12 pm

Hay Sage,

Thought Aaron said it was going to be a plugin TGEA was working on that would export from L3DT? I figured it would just get droppped into the L3DT plugin Directory. Is there a plugin now for "L3DT 2 TGEA" out now? I missed that post?????????? Been waiting for it 2 /smiles......That other TGEA l3dt GUI never worked for me. those new addons didn't work for me anyway, but then I am a dumb artist not a bright programmer like you all here.
/smiles.... Kinda makes me wish I got into programming long long time ago, but now kinda to late other then picking a piece up here once in a while, another there, just enough to let the programmers know what I need them to build for us artists. Or am I in left field again?? /smiles we kinda need each other bad I think. hahahahaha lolol

So wheres the beef? I need a good stable plugin that is a no brainer and just hit the export button (in L3DT) and Wa La its done and on it's way to TGEA and no more headachs, how about that???? can I get a I second that opinion????? /smiles.

PS: Could use Constructor as well, but I have kinda given up on that as a project that will never get released. I may have found a big answer here, will know soon when I see the work flow get better /smiles.

DeathTwister
the pain in the arse artist sometimes hahahahahahahaha
DeathTwister
Dearly missed

Postby Sage » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:58 am

Yes, I'm looking for a magic button too. I can't seem to ever get the other methods to work correctly.
-Sage
Sage

Postby Aaron » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:40 am

Hi Everyone,

We hope to have a public beta test of the plugin going shortly, arranged via the GarageGames site. I'll let you know more about that when I know myself.

As for the 'single button' idea, it's not quite that easy, though I have tried to make it as simple as possible. You can see some sneak-peaks of the export UI over here.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Aaron
Site Admin

Postby Sage » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:18 pm

That'll work. It looks like there are quite a few more options in the advanced form than I'm used to. Of course, it's been about a year since I've dropped a new terrain into TSE/TGEA. I switched to TGE while waiting for it to ship.
-Sage
Sage

Postby byteasc » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:30 am

Compiled version of plugin is on the TGEA forums
byteasc

Return to Useful resources